There are more than 360,000 professional educators in Texas.Only eight will receive TCEA educator awards. One of them could be you or a colleague of yours!
- Classroom Teacher of the Year
- Library Media Specialist of the Year
- Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year
- Technical Support Person of the Year
- District or Campus Administrator of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year
- Technology Administrator of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement for the Advancement of Technology in Education
Winners and runners-up are presented with checks and plaques in a special event family and friends can attend. Winners of the eight awards receive engraved plaques and $1,000 each from TCEA. Two finalists will receive plaques and $500 each.
TCEA scholarships and grants are awarded every year to deserving teachers and students who desire to further their knowledge of technology education. They encourage and enhance the learning of technology skills for practicing and pre-service educators. TCEA supports professional growth in technology through the awarding of scholarship grants.
- Graduate Students Studying Educational Technology. These $1,000 scholarships are awarded to educators for use in paying expenses incurred in achieving a higher education degree in the field of educational technology.
- Undergraduates Studying Education. These $1,000 scholarships are awarded to deserving students who are pursuing a career in education.
- Professional Educators Seeking Continuing Education. These $500 grants are for use in attending professional development activities that will increase knowledge of educational technology.
More information on these scholarships and grants are available on their website.