Welcome to our GEOplaylist! All of us here at GISetc love music. We listen while working, traveling, relaxing…basically all the time. We decided to compile a list of our favorite songs regarding geography, travel, direction & destinations and were surprised at how quickly our diverse collection grew.
We’ll be adding another 10 songs on the last day of every month, so stay tuned & listen in!
If the player doesn’t work for you, try installing a free version of Spotify. Or click the links for a direct url to listen to the music from your computer or device.
CLICK HERE to LISTEN or FOLLOW our April GEOplaylist on SPOTIFY.
Next month we will roll out “the ULTIMATE GEOplaylist from GISetc + friends” which will host ALL the songs we collect as well as our new monthly 10 song playlist for May. And, yes – that says “and friends” – we will be asking for song list contributions from our special GEOfriends!
Here is the breakdown of our song picks for April 2013:
1. We Mapped the World by Joy Williams (from Emily Adams)
2. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd (from Barbaree Duke)
3. Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver (from Roger Palmer)
4. Kokomo by The Beach Boys (from Anita Palmer)
5. Portland by Middle Brother (from Amy Work)
6. Istanbul Not Constantinople by They Might Be Giants (from Roger Palmer)
7. Wide Open Spaces by The Dixie Chicks (from Barbaree Duke)
8. Uncharted by Sara Bareielles (from Emily Adams)
9. Geography by Thao with the Get Down Stay Down (from Amy Work)
10. Africa by Toto (from Anita Palmer)