This week our featured app is a tool for teachers, Educreations Interactive Whiteboard!
“Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula. Create an animated lesson. Add commentary to your photos.
With voice recording, realistic digital ink, photos and text, and simple sharing through email, Facebook or Twitter, now you can broadcast your ideas from anywhere.
TEACH WHAT YOU KNOW
• Help students with homework by working through an example problem.
• Put your lessons on the web so students can watch them before and after class.
• Tutor someone from afar.
• Showcase your video tutorials on educreations.com and share your knowledge with the world.
• Add your commentary to famous works of art.
• Diagram football plays, John Madden style.
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting and drawings
• Add text to any page
• Add photos from the iPad camera, Photo Albums, Dropbox or the Web
• Animate images by dragging them around while recording
• Pause and resume recording anytime
• Create multiple whiteboard pages
• Undo and redo your actions
• Choose from 10 different ink colors
• Create a free account on educreations.com and choose who can view your lessons
• Share your lessons via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website”
We live in a society addicted to technology. More smartphones are being used in the classroom and in our offices every day. To help you leverage the technology available to you, we explore, try and share links to apps that can help you and your students.
Every week we select a new app and share its description in our “Apps We Love” column. We do not endorse devices from any one company or receive any kind of compensation for these features. We just share links to apps that can help you teach, learn, work and grow.